Saturday, January 19, 2019

Fairyland - Part 2 A Story by Aranya Ghosal(Ruku)



Author : Aranya Ghosal


  
So, saying my goodbyes to Goldilocks, I went out of the house like a whirlwind. Let’s explore this new place!

Usually, the people came lazing into Fairyland, never said “Hi” or even “Goodbye”, and went away. But now they saw this little boy who was an interesting one! He ran about on the streets, met and talked to this person and that creature, and was overall a very nice character.

I liked this new place a lot. It was much better than the boring old world we all lived in. I continued walking.

Eventually, I came to a forest. There, I was able to hear the sound of excited laughter. I was scared! And, suddenly, I could see a figure shadowed in the darkness. I gave a yell. But as the figure stepped out into the light, I recognised it immediately. It was Little Red Riding Hood! I even saw The Big Bad Wolf behind her, hidden in some bushes. I introduced myself to Riding Hood. She offered to take me to her Granny’s    house and treat me to cream cakes and freshly baked bread. I immediately agreed.

So we linked arms and went to Granny’s house.

At Granny’s, there were so many delicacies! My mouth started watering. I introduced myself to Granny and asked her if I could have something to eat. Fortunately, she was a very kind person, so she immediately gave me some fresh bread with home made jam. After eating it, I felt I had reached heaven. Heaven of Food, that is. Then, we (Riding Hood, Granny and me) chatted for a long time.

When it was time for me to go, Granny gave me a big basket full of wonderful stuff from Granny’s larder. Ah, anybody could start to daydream    after smelling the things in that basket!

I thanked Riding Hood and Granny for the wonderful time at their house and continued on my way through the forest, swinging my basket. But I got lost in a deep, dark part of the forest. And, to my surprise, someone was giggling somewhere around me, even in such a dark part of the forest!
I tried to guess who it was. But I just couldn’t understand who was giggling! Then, I saw two children coming towards me. THEY were giggling! As they stepped in front of me, I recognised them immediately. Hansel and Gretel!

They laughed at my amazed face. I didn’t see what was so funny. After all, I had never been in a forest before! I introduced myself to them. They asked me to play with them. This would be a new experience, I thought. I had never played with fairy-tale characters before! So I agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment