Saturday, January 19, 2019

A Memorable Vacation! A Travel Story by Rohit Sarengi

Author : Rohit Sarengi

Image result for gateway of india mumbai                   

This year during Durga Puja, when my school was closed for vacation we decided to visit my relative's place at Pune and Mumbai. I along with my parents started for Pune on 11th October , 2018 at 10 o’clock through GoAir flight. We boarded the flight in time and the pilot announced for take-off. I was very excited to meet my cousins at Pune and Mumbai. Though I was a little bit upset as I would be missing the Durga Puja celebration in my Airport City complex and also miss the famous Durga Puja at Kolkata.
Still I was excited to visit a new place. When our flight took off, I could enjoy the night time view of Kolkata through the window of the aircraft. All the roads, buildings cars and buses were looking like tiny toys from the top. After around  hours and 30 minutes we reached Pune city where my maternal uncle aunty received us and we all went to their house. My maternal grandfather and maternal grandmother still awake to receive us at late night. Next day morning I met my cousin sisters and they were all happy to see us at their place. We had our breakfast and I played with my sisters. The very next day my other cousins from Shillong joined us along with their parents and I was very happy to see all my cousins, uncles and aunties in one place.  As per the plan we all went to visit TRIVAMBAKESWAR Shiva temple, SHIRDI SAI BABA temple and SHANI SHINGNAPUR which are far away from Pune. We enjoyed these holy places for two days. After reaching Pune we went for shopping inside Pune markets. I was enjoying every second of our stay in Pune. The most memorable trip was when we went to the largest water park in Asia called ‘Wet n Joy’ water park, Lonavala which is situated between Pune and Mumbai. We all enjoyed different water games including the largest wave pool of India.

After staying for one week at Pune, we all along with our grandparents went to Mumbai where my elder cousin brother stays along with his parents. While travelling to Mumbai through the famous Pune-Mumbai Expressway, we passed through several tunnels which were very long and well maintained. After reaching Mumbai we visited famous places like Siddhi Vinayaka Temple, Gateway of India. In the evening we went to Girgaon Chowpatty and had Mumbai special Pav Bhaji. During our one week stay in Mumbai, we visited several places like Sanjay Gandhi National park, Marine drive, Bandstand, Powai Lake, Kanher caves, Bandr Worli sea link. We enjoyed Mumbai special food at different restaurants. I played with my cousins at their residential complex and we enjoyed different fun games. Finally at the end of second week, I left Mumbai and returned to Kolkata. It was an unforgettable experience and a lovely vacation trip for me!!

1 comment: